Wednesday, February 4, 2015

NOT IWSG

At the moment I find myself relieved that I'm no longer on the "IWSG" (Insecure Writers Support Group) list. I dropped off it some time ago, without noticing. Honestly, these days I can barely remember what day of the week it is, let alone manage the complex realization that this Wednesday is also the first Wednesday of the month (and the fifth Wednesday of the year, and the second 1st Wednesday of the year and Oh, I don't know, maybe the first day of the rest of my life?).

Between the job hunt (I managed somehow to scrape together enough to pay February's expenses) and the writing and the garden and a spring that shouldn't be starting yet and my editing I'm swamped. Priority paralysis. Sometimes I just find myself wandering aimlessly because I don't want to focus.

I'll get back to IWSG at some point, but I realized months ago that some things would have to go or I'd end up more insane than I already am. So I dropped IWSG (rather by accident) and Critters (on purpose) and a couple other blog-spurts :) I was involved in.

I'll probably get back to it when I can make a living from my writing. In my situation, where I have to do all my own editing, and cover art, and formatting, and marketing, etc, I need to cut out the extraneous activities.

So IWSG went the way of the DoDo, although I'm still posting that day if I happen to remember--or if someone on Facebook reminds me, as happened today.

I like writing, in all its facets, and having people swing by unexpectedly is fabulous.

Thanks for coming, thanks for reading, and I'll see you later, 'kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment